Go Green with Bioheat This Winter
Want a great way to shrink the carbon footprint of your NJ home without the costs and hassles of swapping out your oil-fired home heating system?
Switch to Bioheat® fuel.
Bioheat is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional home heating oil – and Hilltop has plenty of it on hand to keep your family safe and warm this fall and winter.
If you’re not familiar with Bioheat, here are some key points to ponder:
- Bioheat is a blend of ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO) and Biodiesel – a renewable energy resource made in America from a combination of natural organic oils.
- A Bioheat blend is named by the percentage of biodiesel it contains – for example, B5 is five percent Biodiesel.
- You don’t need to make any changes to your furnace, boiler or storage tank to use it. In fact, your equipment will be glad you made the switch (see below).
- Fuel-grade Bioheat is the only alternative fuel to have fully completed the health effects testing requirements of the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments.
- Since Bioheat burns cleaner than regular heating oil, it causes less wear and tear on your equipment. That means a longer lifespan for your heating system, fewer furnaces and boilers in the landfill, and fewer emissions released into the atmosphere (Bioheat produces less nitrogen oxide, which causes smog, when it’s burned).
- Biofuel is slightly more expensive per gallon than #2 heating oil, but the difference is more than offset by the decreased wear and tear on your heating equipment.
- Because Biofuel is produced domestically, you’ll reduce demand for foreign oil every time you fill your tank.
- We add UltraGuard to our Bioheat, an additive that not only further extends its storage life, but suppresses sludge buildup – free of charge!
We offer reliable Biofuel deliveries to New Jersey customers anywhere in our service area – why not make the switch today?
Go green this winter with Biofuel from Hilltop Energy. Contact us today to make the switch – or to join the Hilltop family of customers!